Mayor, Commissioner to Proclaim 'I Love Macon Day' Tuesday | Arts & Culture
Mayor Robert Reichert and Bibb Co. Commissioner Sam Hart are slated to proclaim Tuesday, January 8, 2013 as "I Love Macon Day."
The proclamation takes place in Rosa Parks Square at 2 p.m. Tuesday.
Maconites who sign the pledge write what they love about Macon.
The Top 10 Reasons People Love Macon, curated by I Love Macon's Susannah Maddux:
1. The history
4. The people
5. Specific local organizations
6. A great city to raise a family
7. So many free, fun things to do
8. Our arts scene and the creative class
10. I love Macon because it is my home. No matter where I move or where I go, Macon is always my home. I love coming back.
The "I Love Macon" campaign, launched in January 2012, encourages Maconites to share what they love about the city more.