City SPLOST Financial Statement (May 2013) | Community Spirit
The City of Macon is providing the SPLOST financial statement for FY13 through the end of May as a means to remain transparent in its spending and ensure the community knows of the improvements being made.
In the past few months, the City has taken steps on some exciting projects, including:
· the first installation of 800MHz radios in Macon Police Department vehicles;
· receiving bids for design services and construction manager at risk for the Second Street Downtown Corridor;
· the completion of the New & Pine Streets intersection near the Medical Center of Central Georgia;
· approval of the company to do the design work for Log Cabin Road improvements;
· approval of the company to pave identified asphalt streets throughout the City;
· work continuing on the Twin Pines, Upper River Road, and Woodland Drive intersection; and
· installation of a new irrigation system, new equipment, an acre of sod, and snack bar remodeling at Bowden Golf Course.
Moving forward, we know you’ll be excited to see the work on roads and drainage systems begin, work on the Tubman African American Museum and Fort Hawkins begin (both projects managed by those organizations), continued rollout of the 800MHz radios and completion of the entire system, further improvements at Rose Hill Cemetery, and the design and construction work begin on the Second Street Downtown Corridor.