Restaurant holding fundraiser for Macon family | Community Spirit
Mellow Mushroom Macon will be raising money for a family grieving the loss of a 3 year old who died in a Macon house fire late Friday.
The restaurant will be donating 20 percent of its sales from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. March 11 to the Martin family, whose home at 1290 Mimosa Drive was destroyed.
Three-year-old A'von Martin died in the fire that started in the kitchen of the home. His twin survived.
The child's father, Adam Martin, is a six-year Macon Mellow Mushroom employee.
"They were left with only the clothes they were wearing," states a news release from the restaurant."
Along with sales proceeds, the fundraiser will also solicit monetary donations, clothes, shoes, toys, gift cards, money, furniture and other household items that can be dropped off at the restaurant located at 5425 Bowman Road.
"Mr. Martin has been a dedicated employee for over 6 years. We want to do anything and everything we can to provide items to help support this family and allow them to rebuild their lives," restaurant owner Michael Spivey stated in the news release.
Monetary donations can also be made at any Certus Bank in care of: The Martin Family.
Donations can be made online at http://www.youcaring.com/help-a-neighbor/putting-the-pieces-back-together/145021.
Some specific items the family needs are:
- Adam Jr., 3, Size 3 or 4 T, Shoes 9 Toddler
- Alyx (male), 2, Size 24 months, Shoes 4-5
- Domonique (female), 16, Sizes 2x Top, 22 Bottom, Shoes 10
- Megan (Mother) Sizes 2x Top, 18 Bottom, Shoes 10
- Adam, Sr. (Father), Sizes 5x -6x Top, 52 Bottom, Shoes 14-15