13 Things To Do This Weekend | Families
It's the first weekend in 2013 and with a lineup like this, there's no reason to stop the celebration! Begin your new year with our guide to Central Georgia's best stuff this weekend.
- Friday Toast the New Year at the Douglass Theatre. A free mixer for professionals from 7-10 p.m. You'll find complimentary champagne, appetizers and cupcakes.
- Get "Chili in Milly" during a chilli cookoff for First Friday in downtown Milledgeville.
- For the bride and groom-to-be in wedding planning mode, hit up the Wedding Ring Bridal Show starting at 1 p.m. Saturday at the Blacksmith Shop. $10 for brides, $5 general admission.
- For Macon's First Friday, special event features live music at Roasted Cafe and Lounge with SteroMonster, Floco Torres and Xavii. Also experience graphic designer Jason Frost's "Posters x Prints." 7:30-2 p.m.
- Audition for the Perry Players show "The Picture That Was Turned to the Wall." Auditions start Sunday at 2 p.m.
- Attend the opening reception for Thomas Sanders' first solo art exhibit, "Connections." Friday, 5-8 p.m.
- See a movie. Releasing this weekend: "Beneath the Darkness," "The Devil Inside," "Roadie," "Norwegian Wood," and "Once Upon a Time in Anatolia."
- Friday night catch Hott with Harry Leggs at The Hummingbird, 10 p.m. $5 cover.
- Saturday Jubee and The Morning After perform at The Hummingbird in Downtown Macon Saturday night, 10 p.m.
- Check out the "Beauty in the Face of Destruction" photography exhibit at The 567 on Cherry Street in Macon. Atlanta-based photographer Ross Oscar Knight shares the visual stories of Haitian children rebuilding after the earthquake.
- Jessie Smith and Bradley Minnigan perform at The Rookery Friday at 10 p.m. No cover.
- Make your own bouncy balls! Click for a supply list and instructions.
- Play tourist in your own area. Tour the Old Governor's Mansion in Milledgeville. Hours: Saturday 10-4, Sunday 2-4.