A car at a Burger King drive-through in Macon burst into flames Friday morning, filling the restaurant with smoke and heavily damaging the drive-through window.
No one was hurt.
It happened at the store at 3025 Pio Nono Avenue, just north of Williamson Road.
The car's driver, Jerome Sampson, 62, told 13WMAZ's Judy Le that he noticed smoke coming from under the hood while at the drive-through window. When he opened the hood, he saw what he described as a small fire that "could have been put out with a quart of water."
But Sampson says the fire extinguisher a Burger King employee gave him was faulty. The fire spread to the drive-through window and Sampson's Buick LeSabre was gutted before firefighters could save it.
We have left messages with Burger King's corporate spokesman seeking comment.
Sampson said he didn't know how the fire started.