Our network

Ingleside Ave. Town Home unit catches fire | News

Title (Max 100 Characters)

Ingleside Ave. Town Home unit catches fire
News

Saturday afternoon, apartment 6C at 2140 Ingleside Avenue caught fire, forcing the family members inside to quickly escape.

Bernita Nash said she had cooked lunch for her family on the stove when grease on the stove caught fire. "I thought I had took the grease off the stove. And by the time I was changing my baby granddaughter my son asked me what was burning."

After she saw the smoke from the kitchen, she said "I just grabbed all my grandkids, and we ran out the house, my two sons and my granddaughter."

Nash told 13WMAZ reporter Elise Brown that everyone inside escaped without getting hurt and lost everything. Many of the family members were shivering outside, without coats or shoes.

Captain Napier of the Macon-Bibb fire department said the unit was most likely a total loss. He said that there were eight people inside.

Napier said that Red Cross plans to help the Nash family.

If you're interested in contacting the Red Cross, call 478-743-8671.

News

Macon Deals

Upcoming Events near Macon

Community Sponsors

Complete auto body repairs,from minor dings to major crashes!