Carbon monoxide likely cause of man's death | News
A Macon man may have died Thursday from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Bibb County Deputy Coroner Lonnie Miley said family members went to check on Walter Austin on Thursday evening at his Hurley Park home, after not being able to contact him.
Miley said the 45 year old was pronounced dead at 7:35 p.m.
They suspect carbon monoxide poisoning because Austin had apparently been running a generator inside his home after his power was cut off Feb. 19.
Miley also said that Austin's teenage daughter lived with him at the home, but he had taken her to stay with other family members after the power was cut off.
An autopsy will be performed Monday to determine how Austin died.