Our network

Fried chicken left cooking caused fire that killed a 3 year old girl | News

Title (Max 100 Characters)

Fried chicken left cooking caused fire that killed a 3 year old girl
News


Macon-Bibb fire investigators say food left cooking on a stove started the fire that killed a three year old girl.

Ben Gleaton with fire investigation says 4 children, all siblings, were at home at 1290 Mimosa Drive February 28.

Apparently the oldest of the children, a 16-year-old female, was frying chicken on the stove but fell asleep. She, an 8 month old baby and a 3 year old boy were able to get out of the house.

But the 3 year old girl, A'von Martin, was not breathing when they found her.

Gleaton says the home did have a working smoke detector, and it was actually installed by the fire department in October of last year.

Gleaton called the fire "a terrible accident," and said the investigation is now closed.


News

Macon Deals

Macon Businesses