13 Things To Do This Weekend | News
Here are a few ways to keep your mind occupied while you count down to the Super Bowl.
1. Friday night, head over to The Hummingbird to hear Back City Woods perform starting at 10 p.m. They're celebrating their EP release. You may recognize the band from their performance on 13WMAZ's Weekend Mornin' last weekend.
3. Comedian Jerry Seinfeld comes to town Friday. Buy tickets online. That's Friday at 7 p.m. at the Macon City Auditorium.
4. Catch "Color and Form," an art show featuring mixed media, at The 567 Friday, then on Saturday, see Becoming the Archetype perform on Saturday.
5. Visit Grits Cafe in Forsyth when the restaurant reopens Saturday after a fire burned the restaurant last year.
6. Catch the circus while it's in town this weekend. Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey bring the circus to the Macon Coliseum Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. See show times and ticket prices.
7. Get a complimentary dance lesson Friday night at the First Friday dance at the Georgia Sports Hall of Fame. The lesson is at 7:30 p.m. and then a variety of dancing happens from 8-10. Admission is $5.
8. Saturday, head to downtown Macon for the Macon Symphony Orchestra's "The Music of Michael Jackson." Show starts at 7:30 p.m.
9. Get inspired with the paintings and works by seven women at the "Seven Women Artists" exhibit at Wesleyan College. Open from 1-5 p.m. Friday in the Cowles Myles Collier East and West Galleries.
10. Catch the musical and comedy variety show entitled "Rolling on the River," presented by the Macon Civic Club. The show is Friday and Saturday night at 7:30 p.m.
11. Try making heart garlands with felt or colored paper to spruce up your home or office for Valentine's Day.
12. Head over to the Sidney Lanier cottage for the birthday celebration that marks the 171st birthday of the Mercer Law graduate, poet, composer, teacher and retired lawyer. That's Sunday from 2-4 p.m.
13. Watch the big game on 13WMAZ-TV with kickoff at 6:30 p.m.
Want to see an event featured in 13 Things? Email us event details to firstname.lastname@example.org