Talented young authors were recognized for earning first place at the District level of the Young Georgia Authors Writing Competition. This competition is an annual contest sponsored by the Georgia Department of Education that encourages students to develop their writing skills while celebrating the successful work of all students.
Any type of writing may be submitted, and one winning entry per grade level is submitted to the Georgia Department of Education. Winning entries were:
- McKenzie Foshee, third grade, Skyview Elementary, “What Animal Would I Be?”
- Aliayah Simmons, fourth grade, Ingram-Pye Elementary, “Detective Preacher and the Case of the Missing Rings”
- Christian Lee, fifth grade, Springdale Elementary, “The Day I Met Lincoln”
- Elizabeth Rodenroth, sixth grade, Howard Middle, “The Legend of Sonjay”
- Caleb Smith, seventh grade, Howard Middle, “Joutatsu (Advance)”